CVS for Requesting OrganizationsCVS Requests | CVS Reports | CVS ON-LINE | State Medical Boards | Residency/Fellowship Programs | Other Organizations | Frequently Asked Questions
State Medical Boards
State medical boards and other licensing authorities requesting confirmation of the ECFMG certification status of IMGs may submit those requests via CVS ON-LINE or by submitting a completed request form (Form 282A-SB) to ECFMG. The fee for this service is $55.00 per report.
The completed Status Report will include the following information:
- Whether an individual is ECFMG certified;
- Date the certificate was issued and the date(s) through which the certificate remains valid for the purpose of entry into graduate medical education;
- Passing performance* on examination(s) for ECFMG Certification;
- Date of most recently passed English test;
- Date of most recently passed CSA;
- Name of medical school, country, and degree year; and
- Status of the verification of the physician’s medical education credentials.
* Scores for USMLE Step exams are not included in status reports. Contact the Federation of State Medical Boards (FSMB) for a history of USMLE scores.
To submit a request via CVS ON-LINE, click here.
To submit a request using Form 282A-SB, send the completed request form along with payment to:
ECFMG Certification Verification Service
3624 Market Street, 4th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19104-2685 USA
Requests submitted without the processing fee will be returned to the requester. ECFMG accepts checks, money orders, and credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express) as payment for this service. A response will be sent via an express mail service if a prepaid airbill or express service account number is provided with the request form.
- Form 282A-SB
Request for Status Report of ECFMG Certification
- Form 900
Payment for Service(s) Requested