Exchange Visitor Sponsorship Program (EVSP)
COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS) ANNOUNCEMENT
The ECFMG|FAIMER Exchange Visitor Sponsorship Program (EVSP) continues to provide its services and communicate to relevant stakeholders about new immigration or COVID-19 issues that impact exchange visitor physicians. Review previous COVID-19 communications here. ECFMG|FAIMER remains dedicated to supporting training programs and foreign national physicians through this challenging time.
For J-1 Host Institutions
Training Program Liaisons (TPLs) are individuals designated by a host institution to facilitate the J-1 physician sponsorship application process and ensure compliance with federal requirements for participation. Refer to the Roles and Responsibilities webpage for more information.
Adding a New TPL
Only an institution’s Designated Institutional Official (DIO) can request that a new TPL be added. The DIO must complete, sign, and submit the Request to Add a New Training Program Liaison (TPL) form. Upon receipt of the DIO’s request, ECFMG will e-mail the prospective TPL with instructions to:
- Review a PowerPoint tutorial outlining the role and responsibilities of a TPL, the goals and objective of the J-1 program, and guidelines for ECFMG J-1 sponsorship.
- Return a required acknowledgement form confirming completion of the tutorial.
Once the acknowledgement form is received by ECFMG, the new TPL will be sent instructions to create an Exchange Visitor Network (EVNet) account.
EVNet is a secure, on-line platform through which TPLs can submit appointment details, upload supporting documentation, and manage various aspects of the J-1 sponsorship process. TPLs can also access:
- Reports on currently sponsored physicians at their programs/institution
- J-1 insurance reporting compliance
- Status of initial validations
- Applicant-specific information
- Resources, including tutorials and an EVNet user guide
For assistance accessing or using EVNet, contact EVSP by phone at (215) 823-2121, Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Eastern Time in the United States, or by e-mail at EVNetadmin@ecfmg.org.
- J-1 Initial Validations: Arrival and Reporting of Initial J-1 Physicians
- Instruction Sheet for Initial J-1 Applicants
- Instruction Sheet for Continuing J-1 Physicians
- Go to EVNet