Guide to On-line Services and Forms
Important Note: In 2023, we plan to launch MyIntealth, a new on-line portal that will provide access to ECFMG services. Applicants for ECFMG Certification will establish a MyIntealth account and will have one applicant record for all services. MyIntealth will replace most of ECFMG’s current on-line services and forms for applicants pursuing ECFMG Certification and U.S. graduate medical education. The launch of MyIntealth will result in changes to policies and procedures described in this booklet. Please monitor ECFMG’s website for updates.
ECFMG’s on-line services and forms for applicants pursuing ECFMG Certification are available on the ECFMG website.
- Obtain a USMLE/ECFMG Identification Number
- Complete the Application for ECFMG Certification, including the notarized Certification of Identification Form (Form 186)
- Apply for USMLE
- Access your Certification Statement (Form 183) if your medical school prefers to verify student/graduate status via paper form
- Read about ECFMG’s Provision of Performance Data to Medical Schools and request to withhold your exam results from your medical school
- Access your USMLE scheduling permit (when available)
- Request to extend a USMLE Step 1/Step 2 CK eligibility period
- Submit your final medical diploma and other related documents to meet the medical education credentials requirements
- Apply to a Pathway to meet the clinical skills and communication skills requirements for ECFMG Certification
- Check and update your contact information
- Check the status of your medical education credentials
- Check and make a payment to your financial account
- Access your USMLE score report (when available)
- Confirm whether you have submitted an Application for ECFMG Certification and have a valid Certification of Identification Form (Form 186) on file
- Subscribe/unsubscribe from e-newsletters
- Change the e-mail address you use to subscribe to e-newsletters
Use mail/courier service:
- If you are unable to use the ECFMG Credentials Upload Tool to submit your final medical diploma and other related documents to ECFMG, you may submit paper copies.
Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
Attn: Certification Credentials Services
3624 Market St., 4th Floor Philadelphia, PA 19104-2685 USA
ECFMG will not accept letters or other deliveries that arrive with postage or other fees due.
Do not send original documents. The photocopy of your credential or related document must be 216 mm x 279 mm (8½ in x 11 in). If the document is larger than 216 mm x 279 mm (8½ in x 11 in), you must send a reduced photocopy that is 216 mm x 279 mm (8½ in x 11 in).
Back to top